Hello everyone. Peace and love to you. Hope all is well. You ever have those moments where you’re doing something and automatically think Why wasn’t I warned about this? Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? I read What to Expect Before You’re Expecting, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, What to Expect During the 1st Year and What to Expect with Your Toddler and I do not remember reading about any of these.
Things that What to Expect books DIDN’T tell me about!
- Changing his diaper will cause him to cry and scream no matter when and where we are. Changing his diaper turns into WW3. Even after 21 months, he still cries and screams when he sees the change table!
- Stepping on legos will really cause you to feel like you are about to die. You just might have a slight heart attack.
- Thoughts of homicide will enter your brain when you’re up at 2 am breastfeeding and you look over at your spouse and they’re sleeping like a baby…unlike your baby.
- No matter how many showers you take, no matter how much you wash your clothes, you will forever smell like breastmilk.
- When you’re pregnant, you will buy a thousand pillows and IT STILL won’t be enough.
- The diaper bag will temporarily turn into your everyday purse. It’s just easier to put everything in one.
- You will share a look or glance or silently praise at least one mother every day because you recognize the struggle.
- If you are laying down, for some reason, your child will want to bounce their butt on your head. (It calms my heart for a smidge because I’ve seen YouTube videos of other parents enduring this so I know it’s not just us but I still must ask -why???!)
Do you agree with my list? Is there anything I missed? Until next time my people.
*Found About a Nurse comic on https://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/n/nurses.asp