Why am I blushing?
I will tell you why –a fellow blogger has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m feeling like a Care Bear right now -stomach all a flutter and a warm glow is bursting out! Yes -I know I’m weird but I am forever grateful for someone acknowledging me and my blog. Trousseau Diaries -You are awesome! Much love to you sis!
I am still new to this so I hope that I do this correctly. I’m telling you -I’m sitting in my bedroom on my bed in the dark with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on repeat while my son is soundly sleeping and I am grinning from ear to ear.
Now I am going to answer the questions that were posed to me.
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog because I wanted to have a place where I could talk about my journey as well as meet other women go through their journey whether it’s trying to conceive or becoming a mom for the first time or for those who becoming a mother all over again after some time had passed. It may sound cliche but I really wanted to be that meeting ground where we all can help and learn from each other.
2. As a blogger, which brand do you dream of working with and why?
Great question! I haven’t really thought about working with a specific brand. I know that I want to eventually want to meeting people and getting to know them outside of the blog.
3. What do you love about your blog?
I love that I can share my shenanigans and people are reading them and relating in some way. That makes me feel good that we’re not alone in all of this.
4. What do you love about yourself?
I have always been told that I listen well and I love that I am a great listener. I’m reminded everyday because everyday of my life, someone, be it friend or stranger has stopped and talked to me and vented about something. No prep, no questions, just laid it all out and then would leave like they just dropped off their baggage at baggage claim.
5. If you had to choose one could country to travel to, for the rest of your life, where would you go and why?
I am so excited that I will be visiting Italy next year. That’s always been a dream but I really REALLY want to visit Egypt. That is the pinnacle of my bucket list.
6. If you could choose any superpower, what power would you have? And what would you change with that power?
I am such a hippie, dreamer, fairy -whatever you want to call it because I would love to fly. Anytime that I’m feeling overwhelmed or anxious or tired, I would fly up in the sky and float around watching people. I know right -I’m weird. The only thing I would change would be my family would have the opportunity to fly with me.
7. If you could play a character in a movie, who would you pick and why?
Honestly, I would love to play Vivian from Pretty Woman. I know -she was a hooker but she had plans with her life lol. She was goofy, didn’t care too much about what people thought and she got Richard Gere. I loved that movie.
8. You come into a large sum of money that makes you considerably wealthy. What is the first thing you spend your money on?
I would wipe out all of my, my husband’s and my family debt as quickly as possible.
9. Which Disney/cartoon character can you personally identify with?
This sounds so bad but the only cartoon/animated character I can think of that I related to was Daria on MTV. If you know the show, you know she’s dark and sarcastic and had this disgust for everyone and everything. All my friends thought the show was boring. She was funny to me.
10. There has been a food crisis and you can only eat one meal/food type for the rest of your life. What are you choosing?
Pasta. I can and would eat pasta all day which also means I would be huge. I wouldn’t even care. I love it too much.
11. What is your karaoke/sing along in the shower song?
I have two. Beat it by Michael Jackson and yes -I do the choreography too and Show me love by Robin S. Yes -I can listen to both all day.
Some of those questions were really tough. So down below are the rules of the nomination, the wonderful bloggers that I nominate and my 11 questions.
Questions for my nominees 🙂
- What is the meaning behind the name of your blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What do you love about blogging?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- Do you have a favorite movie line? If so, what is it?
- If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what would you say?
- What do you do when you have Me-Time?
- For next month, what goal(s) do you have for your blog?
- What is something that you would love to learn?
- What’s your favorite social media platform -Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook?
- Name your favorite app re: blogging.
Shayla-marie at IamBatmom85
Nayelli Wade at Keeping MOMmentum
Zoe Thomson at No Light Without Darkness
Ariana Allen at Aria’s Dreaming
I don’t have even close to 11 bloggers but I hope to meet more bloggers and show them love and will do this all over again. Much love and peace to everyone!!