I was sitting here pondering life (like I tend to do) and said to myself ‘Self, people are reading about you and this new journey of motherhood while trying for a second child. Why don’t you introduce yourself to the new faces as well as old friends?’ You know, this might come as a surprise but I am a shy, private person. I keep a lot of things in, would consider myself an introvert but I do enjoy sharing certain aspects of my life. I like to talk about specific topics because I love to hear what others think. I’m the perfect conversation starter. I’ll sit back and listen and observe the rest of it but getting it started -it’s a skill. So how about I list 10 facts about me going from weird to weirdest and you can share something equally fabulous, odd, or goofy about you. Whew -here we go 🙂
- Both of my parents were in the military so we traveled quite a bit. I was born in Seoul Korea, raised in Stuttgart Germany and spent my formative years in Indiana and Mississippi.
- I used to know every single dance step to every Janet Jackson video. I say ‘used to’ because I don’t dance anymore. If I brushed up on her videos, it would come back to me.
- I wanted to be a choreographer when I was growing because of Janet Jackson and her dance routines. I used to make up my own up until the age of 15.
- I am terrified of heights but love planes, want to get in a hot air balloon and would love to skydive. I know, weird.
- I initially wanted to name my son Malcolm Xavier after Malcolm X.
Okay -time to stop holding back and get to the deep real stuff.
- I meditate, do yoga and love crystals. I’m one of those type of people 🙂
- I have a very dirty mind. A few friends know that. The others that don’t is because if I say a dirty joke and they give me the side eye, I know to keep things somewhat PG.
- I remember about 90% of my dreams. I still remember dreams from when I was younger -vividly as if I just had the dream.
- People in my life now don’t know much about this. My pre-married life, I was a published author. I had written four books and self-published three. I love writing. I have over 100 journals, half written storylines, poems, and countless ideas that I haven’t put much into yet. Back then, if I wasn’t writing in my journal, I was writing a story or writing a poet or adding to my screenplay. Then once I got married, I wanted all of my focus to be on my marriage and the transition from being girlfriend to wife. I’ve still been writing and plan to eventually get back to my books. This blog is taking care of my itch for writing so right now, I am very content.
- I lost my job, my house, my car, almost my marriage, and my health insurance (which stopped all aspects of trying to conceive) in a matter of ten months. That was the hardest time of my life. However, after I got out of that storm, I couldn’t be happier with my new job. My husband and I didn’t have a mortgage or car payment anymore so we weren’t arguing or stressing about money. We renewed our vows and one month later, we found out we were pregnant. I say all of that to say I truly believe everything falls apart before greatness shows up. I am now so thankful for all of that being removed from my life because what arrived was the absolute best.
So there’s me in a nut shell. Not too weird, huh? What weird fact are you willing to share about yourself? Come on ya’ll.Don’t leave me hanging LOL. Until next time.